The Leadership Model – Online Book Circle
BOOK CIRCLE OVERVIEW
In this online book circle, you will read and discuss “The Leadership Model” with the facilitator, Carl Starendal, and other attendees over a period of 10 weeks.
Every other week, you will participate in a 90-minute training session where you will review the chapters you have read and engage in a facilitated group reflection and discussion on the material. This is a valuable opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of The Leadership Model and how it can be applied to lead an Agile team, tribe/ART, or organization in an online learning format.”
FACILITATED BOOK CIRCLE FORMAT
- Number of participants: 8 – 25 per circle
- Sessions: 5 online sessions over 10 weeks over (video & chat)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS BOOK CIRCLE
- Leaders and managers
- Line Managers
- Business Owners
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
BOOK CIRCLE SESSIONS
- September 18th (15:00-16:30 CET) – Session 1: Introduction to Leadership & The Leadership Model (20 pages to read)
- October 2nd (15:00-16:30 CET) – Session 2: Behaviour – Leaders and surrounding social & cultural context (40 pages to read)
- October 16th (15:00-16:30 CET) – Session 3: Leadership styles and combination of Leadership behavior (30 pages to read)
- October 30th (15:00-16:30 CET) – Session 4: Indirect leadership and Development of leaders (20 pages to read)
- November 13th (15:00-16:30 CET) – Session 5: Workshop – what does this mean for me?
BOOK: THE LEADERSHIP MODEL
The book “Leadership Model” is about models and theories of leadership based on research from the Swedish Defence University. It provides a focused and summarized description of various tools, models, and training used in leadership and is very useful for learning about leadership from a research-based perspective.
“The central hypothesis of the Leadership Model is that leadership is shaped through an interplay between the characteristics of the leader and the external social and cultural context. The Model consists of three main components: leader characteristics, contextual characteristics and leadership styles. The complex interplay between these components is described in detail and illustrated using a large number of examples. The Model also serves as the basis for three of the most widespread leadership programs in Sweden based on academic research: Developmental Leadership (UL), Understanding Group and Leader (UGL) and Indirect Leadership (IL).”
The Leadership Model also forms the theoretical basis for the very popular research-based leadership course Developmental Leadership (UL) that we offer through We Are Movement.
Read more about The Leadership Model here:
- Book: The Leadership Model (English)
- Bok: Ledarskapsmodellen (Svenska)
- About the research and researchers (English)
- Intervjuv med Professor Gerry Larsson (Swedish)
- Ledarskapsmodellen hos försvarshögskolan (Swedish)
- Video: How to take a Transformational Leadership approach as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) (English)
- Video: The RTE Kata – taking a transformational leadership approach to serving the ART (English)
- Course: Developmental Leadership (UL)
INCLUDED IN THE BOOK CIRCLE
High quality facilitation delivered by Carl Starendal
Five online sessions, 90 minutes each
Prepared slides and workshop material
Certificate of participation
An English or Swedish physical copy of the book
Carl is an experienced leader, having decades of hands-on experience as an entrepreneur, manager & leaders across a diverse range of industries. He is also a sought after keynote speaker on leadership, management and agile product development and a highly regarded mentor & advisor as well as one of the Transformational Leadership trainers (Utvecklande Ledarskap) certified by the Swedish Defence Academy.
Carl Starendal is also as one of the global SAFe Fellows an official contributor to the SAFe Framework and one of the key people behind the Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification course.
The Leadership Model – Online Book Circle
with Carl Starendal
5 sessions September 18 - November 13
Online Training (CET timezone),
The fine print
Cancellations done up to 30 days before the course start date will not be charged and all paid fees will be reimbursed.
Cancellations done up to 10 days before the course start date will be charged 50% of the course fee.
Cancellations done within 10 days before the course start date will be charged the full course fee.
All prices are excluding VAT.
VAT will be added to all prices during checkout, depending on your country of residence.
INTERESTED IN AN INHOUSE OR ONLINE AGILE CLASS?
Are you interested in this course as a inhouse class at your company or even an online course?
Our trainers are happy to talk about including your specifics in the training. Just Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!