What is new in SAFe 5.0? Part 2
Organize around value, as principle #10
The reason that this is now codified as its own principle in version 5.0, is a wish to make the implicit more much explicit. This is not something “we do if we have to” but rather an assumption that everything else in the framework rests on.
In-depth explanation and model for how leadership works as a key skill for Lean and Agile, on a larger scale
The whole concept “Lean-Agile Leadership” has acquired more nuance and depth in this last version.
- The leader who will embrace Lean and Agile thinking and who works from these principles
- To lead as an example
- A leadership that leads even the change itself
More support to build large cyber-physical solutions with a Lean and Agile approach
Now, more insights exist about how others have coordinated when several value streams cooperate within the same assignment, for business or technology. This is often connected to very large and complex solutions, where multiple providers have to collaborate.
Here, we look at the recommendations for what such a pipeline can look like, and what types of techniques that can become important:
- Digital electronics that can be programmed and reconfigured
- Additive construction
- Infrastructure as code
- Modularized architecture
“Business Agility” now available as an evaluation for organizations
SAFe provides an opportunity for organizations to self-assess “business agility” against multiple skills and perspectives, that combined create the needed Business Agility.
The article regarding that can be found here: “Measure and Grow”
Here is a link to the first blog post abour SAFe 5.0: What is new in SAFe 5.0
Upcoming course at We Are Movement in Stockholm:
- 14e November – Don Reinertsen, Product Development Flow
- 18e November – Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- 25e November – Agile Customer Experience
- 9e December – Implementing SAFe (SPC)
- 16th December – Agile Product And Solution Management (APSM)
- 3rd February – SAFe for Architects (ARCH)
- 10e Februari – SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Find all our courses during 2019/2020 in Sweden och Denmark here: https://wearemovement.se/courses/